Tar Heel preseason camp is underway with 105 scholarship players and walk-ons descending on Navy Field on Monday Aug. 3 for preparations for the South Carolina game Sept. 3 in Charlotte.
Here is a rundown of events and dates of interest to Tar Heel Lettermen:
* August 15 scrimmage in Kenan Stadium beginning at 9 a.m. Lettermen are invited to attend.
* Sept. 12 N.C. A&T game, reduced price for tickets to Lettermen of $15 each. Kickoff is 6 p.m.
* Also for the A&T game is an opportunity to join fellow Lettermen on the Tar Heel Terrace for a private function that will include a catered buffet, private restrooms, televisions, and access to a cash bar. Tickets are $55 each.
* Nov. 14 Miami game, reduced price for tickets to Lettermen for $20 each.
* The Illinois game on Sept. 19 at Noon has been designated as Monogram Day for not only football Lettermen but all letter winners of Carolina’s 26 varsity sports. Lettermen should have received information and ticket order forms in the mail, but if not, tickets are still available.
There will be a picnic at the Bell Tower with barbecue, chicken and biscuits beginning at 10 a.m., with complimentary beer and mimosas and commemorative Monogram Day t-shirts. Letter winners will form a tunnel on the field when the team is introduced before kickoff.
If you have not reserved or ordered tickets to any of these functions, reach out to Brian Chacos in The Rams Club at 919-843-2519 or email@example.com.
Chacos is also hoping to organize a Friday night tailgate on the Tar Heel Terrace on Sept. 11, the night before the A&T game, for Lettermen. Keep the evening open and more details to follow.