Squib-kicks entering this weekend's game at Rutgers:
* Quarterback T.J. Yates was 18-of-24 against Georgia Tech last week with four throw-aways and one batted ball. That means he misfired on only one pass. Yates has done an excellent job in two games recognizing when nothing was available and throwing the ball away.
* Tailback Johnny White had 59 yards after contact in compiling 113 yards rushing against Tech.
* Defensive coordinator Everett Withers felt his unit played well except for "about seven plays. On those seven plays, we had guys trying to do their jobs and someone else's. Things broke down. Otherwise, I saw a lot of good things."
* One piece of good news this year with all the off-the-field drama has been the fact that the Tar Heels have been relatively injury free. This week's injury report includes defensive tackle Jared McAdoo remaining sidelined with mono and linebacker Shane Mularkey doubtful with a shoulder injury.
* Butch Davis said Thursday he was disappointed in the NCAA's ruling to suspend Kendric Burney for six games and Deunta Williams for four.
"I thought it was a little bit harsh in light of some of the other institutions where extra benefits and the values of some of the things that were involved," Davis said.